Ana Jakimska is a film director and writer based in Skopje. Her debut is the short film titled The Children Will Come, which won the Best Live-Action Short Nomination at the Shanghai International Film Festival in 2017, and was screened and awarded worldwide. In 2021 she wrote and directed the short live-action film "Blue Hour". She is developing her first feature film, titled Midnight Train.
Jakimska is a Master of Arts Candidate in Film Directing at the Faculty of Dramatic Arts in Skopje, where she is conducting research on the use of color in film. She holds a BA degree in Comparative Literature, and a BA degree in Film and TV Directing.
Jakimska is an alumni of Talents Sarajevo, MIDPOINT Script Development Program, and First Films First Young Director's Academy. She is the co-founder and co-owner at Suteren, a media production company based in Skopje.
- The Children Will Come
short/live-action/KRUG Film 2017
- Neon Hearts
- Blue Hour
short/live-action/KAVAL Film 2021
- Highest Artistic Achievement Award for "Midnight Train" at Boat Meeting, Molodist Kyiv International Film Festival, 2017
- Award for Best Pitch at Sofia Meetings (First Films First Program) for the project Midnight Train, Bulgaria, 2017
- Award for Best Project for the project Midnight Train at MIDPOINT Script Development Program, FAMU, Prague, Czech Republic, 2015
- Award for Best Pitch for the project Midnight Train at EASTWEEK Scriptwriting Workshop, Trieste Film Festival, Italy, 2015
- Script Development Grant for the project Midnight Train from the Macedonian Film Agency, 2015