Ana Jakimska is a Macedonian film director and writer based in London, UK. Her debut on the big screen is the folklore-inspired fairy-tale short film titled The Children Will Come. The film competed for the Golden Goblet Award at the Shanghai International Film Festival in 2017, and was screened and awarded worldwide. In 2022 she wrote and directed the live-action short film titled Blue Hour.
Ana is a Chevening scholar and a Master of Arts student at Goldsmiths, University of London. She holds a BA degree in Comparative Literature and a BA degree in Film and TV Directing from SS Cyril and Methodius University in her hometown, Skopje.
Ana is an alumna of Talents Sarajevo, MIDPOINT Script Development Program, and First Films First Young Director's Academy.
- Blue Hour
short/live-action/KAVAL Film 2022
- The Children Will Come
short/live-action/KRUG Film 2017
- Chevening Scholarship, Chevening Secretariat, UK, 2022
- Highest Artistic Achievement Award for Midnight Train at Boat Meeting, Molodist Kyiv International Film Festival, 2017
- Award for Best Pitch at Sofia Meetings (First Films First Program) for the project Midnight Train, Bulgaria, 2017
- Award for Best Project for the project Midnight Train at MIDPOINT Script Development Program, FAMU, Prague, Czech Republic, 2015
- Award for Best Pitch for the project Midnight Train at EASTWEEK Scriptwriting Workshop, Trieste Film Festival, Italy, 2015
- Script Development Grant for the project Midnight Train from the Macedonian Film Agency, 2015